The role of the Creative Technologist is to develop, champion and drive technical innovation throughout the business, with a strong focus on prototype production and spearheading Rehab's technical innovation and expertise in web technologies.
As a Creative Technologist you love inspiring others, driving innovation and solving problems. You’ll have experience working as part of the creative process, an understanding of how to work with brands and a firm grasp on the importance and role of strategy. Finally and most importantly you are passionate about technology and have wide and varied experience leveraging it to solve problems and create engaging experiences.
We love prototyping so we want to work with people who like to get their hands dirty and are able to bring an idea to life quickly to showcase its potential. We are especially keen to team up with technologists who are true polyglots and generalists, people who are excited to pick up whatever language or tech is necessary to make it happen, and appreciate the right tool for the right job.
Being an expert source of knowledge on cutting edge technologies with a strong eye on upcoming technical trends is also a key prerequisite for the role. The Creative Technologist will define Rehab's approach to new and existing technologies. They will also lead the Hackweek Programme at Rehab, helping to define the problems, choose the team and technologies, and ensure the quality of the result.
- Support the Technical Director in maintaining and augmenting the creative development team so it can help the company achieve its strategic goals.
- Develop regular rapid prototypes in order to validate new features, test new technologies, and help to determine and refine client problems.
- Stay up to date with the latest web technologies and communicate relevant changes and features to the rest of the team.
- Give regular company wide talks on emerging technologies.
- Plan Rehab's Hackweek strategy and resourcing, as well as leading the Hackweeks.
- Enthuse and encourage teams to be innovative & entrepreneurial.
- Providing technical direction throughout projects and pitches, helping to develop concepts and technical implementations.
- Advising on feasibility, project scope, timings, costs, risks and delivery considerations.
- Inform the company strategy and role of technologies in the wider business plan.
- Support the Technical Director in correctly resourcing projects.
- Support the Technical Director in developing team skills by bringing expert knowledge to code-reviews and project wash-ups.
Who we're looking for
- Someone who truly lives our company values which are: Brave, Collaborative, Innovative and Inquisitive.
- Previous relevant experience is essential, ideally in media, creative or tech.
- Experience with various emerging technologies for web, mobile, and physical installations.
- A thorough understanding of technical project management approaches (agile, kanban etc) and software development methodologies (BDD, XP etc).
- Great problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-side technologies, including Python.
- Proven track record of leading innovation initiatives.
- An appetite for experimenting with emerging technologies and trends.
- Enjoys working and collaborating across disciplines to solve problems.
- Clear and respectful communicator.
- Able to manage, then ultimately exceed expectations in all areas of the role.
- Excellent computer skills - familiar with Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- Competitive maternity policy.
- 25 days holiday entitlement with additional discretionary days off.
- Additional schemes include: Medicash, Perkbox, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential 24/7 counselling line.
- Flexible working.
- Creative office in Shoreditch. (please note that teams are currently WFH and when it is possible to return to the office this would be 2-3 days a week).
- Bright, professional and friendly team.
- Participation in our regular Hackweeks and company-wide Hackathons.