The Resource & Traffic Manager is a key role within Rehab, and it combines both resource and traffic management responsibilities, as follows:
Resource Management: This involves the effective scheduling of resource booking and communications through: owning the resource schedule; managing resource bookings; resolving planning conflicts; liaising with Project Managers and HR to understand project freelancer needs; Owning freelance recruitment with support of the people team managing their contracts and extensions, coordinating bookings with any offshore development teams and successfully managing freelancers onboarding into the business.
Traffic Management: This involves helping with the effective running of the agency, and coordinating the timely and efficient workflow across all teams and reporting from brief to completion. The aim is to increase team utilisation and efficiency, which ultimately affects quality of output for clients and projects, as well as profit to the business. This is achieved through ensuring that: everyone is briefed and busy in the day to day; absences are closely tracked and the impacts are immediately assessed and managed; managing last minute changes to requirements and resource availability; and flagging and resolving emergent issues.
This role would suit someone who is dynamic, an excellent networker, a clear communicator, highly process driven, with a passion for people, creativity, tech, and business operations. The role reports into the Head of Production.
The key responsibilities of the Resource and Traffic Manager are as follows:
- Own, manage and maintain the Paprika resource schedule day to day.
- Chair the weekly resource meetings with project and department leads.
- Internal resource management:
- Work with production leads to book resources for given projects based on project estimates and plans.
- Work with leads to manage continuous amends and updates to resource bookings based on changing project landscapes.
- Manage conflict in resource bookings by liaising with all relevant parties.
- Identifying internal capacity in advance to ensure maximum utilisation.
- Be the point of contact for any questions about capacity in the agency at any given time.
- Train new-starters in how to use Paprika for resourcing and general maintenance of the resource platform, working with IT and Finance where necessary.
- Weekly / bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with the department leads to discuss upcoming resource requirements, any potential project staffing issues and hiring strategy.
- Liaise regularly with HR to ensure permanent recruitment is on track to be filled by the required date.
- Update and report on utilisation across the agency, highlighting both over and under-utilised employees.
- Involved in, and mindful of, key aspects of workflow, including kick-off, milestones and deadlines.
- Project prioritisation and conflict resolution based on value assessments, timings, with escalation for input from the leadership team.
- Join weekly project reconciliation meetings with the Head of Production to be aware of project health on all projects.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve relevant resource and traffic processes where necessary.
- External resource management:
- Work with offshore partners to book external developers where required on projects, and support in any contract extensions and updates.
- Identify freelance requirements, leading the search for freelance talent, owning contracts / extension documentation and ensuring freelance accounts are setup and closed down.
- Tracking freelance days and costs, reporting weekly on predicted and confirmed spend for the month to the Finance Director.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Truly lives the company values which are: Bold, Collaborative, Innovative, Inquisitive, and People Powered
- Previous experience in a Resource and/or Traffic Management is essential, ideally in media, creative or tech
- Excellent networker with strong internal and external stakeholder management
- Strong data and spreadsheet skills are essential.
- Naturally empathic with the ability to build relationships based on trust and transparency, and able to be a positive influence on others
- Solutions-focused and able to work well in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Highly process driven and obsessive about detail
- Understands the fast-paced nature of the creative and tech industries, and is able to embrace constant change with a calm and agile approach
- Creative mindset and ability to design and improve processes so they are highly efficient
- Genuine interest in business operations and strategy, with the ability to connect the dots with this role, and shape the role in line with the bigger picture
- Clear and respectful communicator who is confident briefing studio teams, challenging briefs and answering queries
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Professional, reliable and punctual
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to manage, then ultimately exceed expectations in all areas of the role
- Excellent computer skills - familiar with gmail and google docs and proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using Paprika, or similar platform is advantageous.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- Competitive maternity policy
- 25 days holiday entitlement with additional discretionary days off.
- Additional schemes include: Medicash, Perkbox, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential 24/7 counselling line.
- Udemy for Business (Company wide training platform)
- Flexible working.
- Creative office in Shoreditch. (please note that teams are currently WFH and when it is possible to return to the office this would be 2-3 days a week).
- Bright, professional and friendly team.
- Participation in our regular Hackweeks and company-wide Hackathons.
MORE ABOUT US
Rehab is an experience design and creative tech agency specialising in innovation, experience and learning design. We’re based in Shoreditch, London.
We build digital services and products that give our clients an unfair advantage. We meet brand and business challenges in an innovative way through integrating strategy and creativity with emerging technology such as AR, voice, messaging, and web-based products. We create work to inspire rather than interrupt so it plays a more meaningful role in people’s everyday lives.
At Rehab, we truly live and breathe our company values which are brave, innovative, inquisitive and collaborative. We work with global clients including Nike, Google, WarnerMedia and Estee Lauder, among many others. Through our work we’ve been honoured with industry awards including an Emmy, Gold Cannes Lions, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Digiday.
For more info on Rehab, visit https://www.rehabagency.ai/
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you to meet with a few members of the Rehab team for an informal chat about the role over Google Hangouts, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
With the COVID-19 situation our teams are all working remotely, adjusting to this new way of working as best we can - and as such we’ll help make the interview process as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.