We’re looking for Technical Leads with extensive frontend or full-stack experience. Our Technical Leads are crucial, people-centric engineering roles within the business, and are trusted with a high level of responsibility. They’re Technical Architects, Thought Leaders, Engineers, and Consultants rolled into one superpower.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy (or think you’ll enjoy) managing small, nimble, cross-functional engineering teams, and having responsibility for setting the technical vision of a digital product from an early stage and guiding it through to final delivery.
This role will report into the Head of Engineering, and will work alongside a small team of talented developers.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Lead are as follows:
- Helping clients to figure out their requirements, and translate these into a technical solution and architecture. Many, if not most, of our projects are greenfield and you’ll have a key role in determining the appropriate technology stack.
- Tackling complex, challenging technical problems, and helping to scope and estimate project requirements, timings and resources alongside the Producer.
- Designing and architecting systems using common patterns and methodologies.
- Creating and managing technical project artefacts, including specifications, statements of work, task backlogs, agile boards, documentation, all whilst being a strong advocate for high levels of coding standards , structure and best practices.
- Writing automated tests and continually improving our approach to testing.
- Managing, mentoring and delegating to the project development team.
- Representing the engineering team in client meetings and other project communications.
- Contributing to the rehab R&D programme.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet some, or all, of these requirements:
- Someone who truly lives our company values which are: Brave, Collaborative, Innovative and Inquisitive.
- Previous relevant experience is essential, ideally in media, creative or tech.
- Excellent Python skills.
- Extensive Django experience.
- Passion for application architecture, design patterns and modular coding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level working knowledge of common backend development tools and technologies, including Deployment Tools, Databases SQL and NoSQL, Web Servers, Caching, Encryption, Backups, Logging, common Python frameworks, API creation & integration, auth, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Git and repo administration including branching, merging and conflict resolution.
- Excellent networker with strong internal and external stakeholder management.
- Highly process driven and obsessive about detail.
- Understands the fast-paced nature of the creative and tech industries, and is able to embrace constant change with a calm and agile approach.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- Competitive maternity policy
- 25 days holiday entitlement with additional discretionary days off.
- Additional schemes include: Medicash, Perkbox, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential 24/7 counselling line.
- Udemy for Business (Company wide training platform)
- Flexible working.
- Creative office in Shoreditch. (please note that teams are currently WFH and when it is possible to return to the office this would be 2-3 days a week).
- Bright, professional and friendly team.
- Participation in our regular Hackweeks and company-wide Hackathons.
MORE ABOUT US
Rehab is an experience design and creative tech agency specialising in innovation, experience and learning design. We’re based in Shoreditch, London.
We build digital services and products that give our clients an unfair advantage. We meet brand and business challenges in an innovative way through integrating strategy and creativity with emerging technology such as AR, voice, messaging, and web-based products. We create work to inspire rather than interrupt so it plays a more meaningful role in people’s everyday lives.
At Rehab, we truly live and breathe our company values which are brave, innovative, inquisitive and collaborative. We work with global clients including Nike, Google, WarnerMedia and Estee Lauder, among many others. Through our work we’ve been honoured with industry awards including an Emmy, Gold Cannes Lions, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Digiday.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you to meet with a few members of the Rehab team for an informal chat about the role over Google Hangouts, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
With the COVID-19 situation our teams are all working remotely, adjusting to this new way of working as best we can - and as such we’ll help make the interview process as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
React out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org